Company: GPI Management
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Job Title: Senior AccountantSummary: GPI is looking for a
reliable and precise professional to analyze complex financial
records and reports. The senior accountant will oversee a company's
accounting operations, such as standardize and authenticate
financial transactions; balance accounts and confirm and verify
bank statements on behalf of the company; maintaining a ledger to
ensure success and accuracy of all accounting tasks using
electronic ledger systems. Additionally, the senior accountant has
a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures, including preparing
month-end reports and financial forecasts. Company BackgroundGPI
was founded by experienced professionals with diversified business
background to capture the multifamily rental market opportunities
emerged in the depth of 2009 financial crisis. Starting from
scratch, GPI has successfully built a competitive residential
rental business that purchased over 23 multifamily properties,
consisting about more than 6,000 units. Currently GPI Assets valued
over $400 million. For more information, visit
http://www.gpi-management.com Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger
- Assisting with annual audit preparations.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account
discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing federal, state, local, and special tax returns.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting
systems, programs, and procedures.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff
as required or assigned.
- Reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Preparing financial statements
- Assessing internal controls, including risk assessments and
reviews of risk areas
- Performing monthly balance sheet, income statement and changes
in financial position/budget variance analyses
- Assisting in the design and preparation of budgets for review
- Maintaining and reconciling fixed assets schedules
- Supervising accounting staff QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree in Accounting-- Finance or other relevant are; a
certification such as CMA or CPA will be a bonus
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Good knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- QuickBooks experience is preferred
- Excellent communication, organization, analytical & attention
to detail skills
- Advanced computer and software skills; ability to learn and
adopt new software as needed.
- Ability to handle multiple work streams and independently
identify and solve key business issuesBenefits:After completing a
standard 90-day probationary period the employee is granted a full
benefits package. This includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and
AD&D Coverage; Vacation/Sick; Annual performance review and
opportunity for salary adjustment; Salary is based on experience
and knowledge of profession. Language:
Keywords: GPI Management, Missouri City , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!