Martial Arts Instructor - Fort Bend Family YMCA
Company: YMCA of Greater Houston
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Provides educational Martial Arts programs for our members. Teaches
new skills to members to help them develop martial arts techniques
while focusing on life skills such as respect, confidence, and
discipline. Instructs safe, exciting and comprehensive Martial Arts
- Implements lesson plans within the established guidelines and
tailors them to the skill level of the participants. Plans should
include teaching new techniques, practicing strikes on pads or
heavy bags, sparring, meditation, stretching, conditioning, and
discussing the history of Martial Arts.
- Help each participant achieve a high level of skill, an
appreciation of discipline and sportsmanship and an increase in
- Administer exams for participants to advance to the next belt
- Maintain inventory of uniforms, belts and other training
equipment and gear.
- Supervises participants in the program under the direction of
- Assists with the set-up and breakdown of activities and
cleaning of the program area.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness
- Acts as a role model to participants by exemplifying the YMCA's
five core values.
- Maintains positive relations with children, parents and other
- Attends and participates in family nights, program activities,
staff meetings, and staff trainings.
- Follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to
medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and
- Maintain program site, equipment and program records.
- Attend and participate in program activities, staff meetings
and staff trainings.
- Reports suspicious and inappropriate behaviors and policy
- Follows mandated abuse and incident reporting
- Meets timelines and deadlines related to supporting systems and
employee compliance. Example includes but are not limited to Kronos
Workforce Ready for review and approval of time sheets.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED.
- At least one year of related experience.
- Current student in Unified Adult Tae Kwon Do and must be a
The YMCA of Greater Houston provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Houston, Missouri City , Martial Arts Instructor - Fort Bend Family YMCA, Education / Teaching , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!