Pressure Relief Device Process Engineer
Posted on: June 19, 2022
You may not realize it, but you've likely used a product today
made possible by the plastics and chemicals manufactured by Chevron
Phillips Chemical. From medical supplies and electronics to food
packaging and cosmetics, we create the building blocks for more
than 70,000 consumer and industrial products.
Even as a global company with 5,000 employees, we maintain a "small
company feel" and uphold a culture of respect, diversity, and
inclusion. Ask any Chevron Phillips Chemical employee what they
like best about their job, and universally, the answer is "the
people I work with!" We value work-life balance, and love to see
our employees thrive both professionally and personally. There has
never been a better time to work for Chevron Phillips Chemical. If
you're ready to grow with us and become part of our vision of being
the premier Chemical Company, apply today!
Purpose/IntroductionChevron Phillips Chemical is currently seeking
a Pressure Relief Device (PRD) Process Engineer to join our Process
Engineering team at the Sweeny, Clemens & Old Ocean (SCO)
facilities located in Sweeny, Texas. Under the supervision and
direction of a Lead Process Engineer, this position will support
sitewide PRDs and relief systems programs and efforts.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and contract
resources for work associated with pressure relief devices (PRDs)
and relief systems.
- Knowledgeable of computation methods and tools utilized for
emergency relief system design
- Ensures PRD and relief systems documentation meets regulatory
compliance and relevant industry standards.
- Oversee PRD and flare system calculations performed by third
- Review and approve the adequacy of existing pressure relief
- Provide oversight and guidance in the design of new pressure
- Validate PRD and/or relief system modifications associated with
Management of Change
- Ensures completion of as-built documentation updates resulting
from the implementation of capital projects
- Manage PRD and flare documentation integration into SCO's
process safety information system
- Complete process deliverables for assigned tasks in an
efficient and timely manner
- Tracks efforts and manages daily work direction of on-site
- Perform traditional process engineering activities such as heat
and material balances, initial project development,
troubleshooting, plant optimization and other activities as
- Provide process support for unplanned and planned outages and
- Ability to work cooperatively on cross-functional teamsRequired
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Must have at least 5 years of relevant engineering
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements, industry codes and
standards, general practices and guidelines associated with relief
devices and flare systems
- Capable of performing engineering analysis of PRDs and Relief
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skillsPreferred
- At least 2 years of experience in relief system analysis and
- Practical user of process simulation relief system programs
- At least 3 years of process and/or plant engineering experience
in a petrochemical or refining environment.
- Relevant experience in ethylene, alpha olefins, and/or
Chevron Phillips Chemical offers competitive salaries, a
comprehensive benefits package and at most locations, alternate
Paper resumes will not be accepted. All job seekers must go to the
web site to be considered for positions. If you are interested in
applying for this position and need an accommodation to apply,
please contact our Human Resources Service Center at
1-800-446-1422, option 4.
Chevron Phillips Chemical Company is an Equal Opportunity /
Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status or marital
To all recruitment agencies: We are not responsible for any fee
related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and
recruiting agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent
directly to employees) unless a written agreement is in place
between the agency and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP
("Company") and an authorized Company representative makes a
written request to the agency to assist with this requisition.
Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim
to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or
other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the
property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such
candidate is hired.
Travel Requirements: Up to 5%Eligibility for Relocation: YesClosing
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Process Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Systems
Analyst, Chemical Engineer, Compliance, Engineering, Technology,
Keywords: CPChem, Missouri City , Pressure Relief Device Process Engineer, Engineering , Sweeny, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!