Company: Texas Sterling Construction Company
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: July 31, 2022
Currently seeking a talented and driven heavy equipment shop
mechanic to join the team supporting the Houston, TX.
To work on equipment (motor graders, wheel loaders, excavators,
backhoe loaders and skid steer loaders), Cat, Hitachi, John Deere,
Case and GOMACO (concrete paving technology).
Must have a minimum of 5 years hands-on equipment repair experience
and/or an equivalent mixture of education and experience. High
School diploma or Tech School degree
and qualified training repairing heavy equipment is a plus.
Full time work plus OT
Pay is DOE starting at $25.00 and going up from there.
If your interested in this position please contact Luz at
...@strlco.com or call 281-###-####
Mechanic is responsible for repair and maintenance of
- Troubleshooting and repair of fleet equipment.
- Perform repairs in the field on active constructions
- Have knowledge of basic hydraulic systems. Check systems for
proper pressure settings and make necessary adjustments. Basic
understanding of hydraulic schematics. Remove, repack and replace
hydraulic cylinders and replace hoses. Reseal control valves.
- Evaluate equipment to determine needed and scope of repair work
and discuss with Service Manager.
- Have a good understanding of power train. Ability to inspect
components and make a descision as to what repairs are needed.
- A thorough understanding of engines. Ability to troubleshoot
starting, charging and fuel system problems. Remove and replace
external components as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical system while reading the
manufacturer's electrical schematics. Make proper repairs without
circumventing the manufacturer's original wiring
- A good attitude towards safety and the ability to work
- Job requires overtime and Saturday work.
- Degree in Technical Field or equivalent work experience.
- Five years experience in the repair or application of heavy
- Must have good understanding of mechanical, hydraulic engine,
and electrical systems utilized in the manufacture of heavy
- Must have basic understanding of hydraulic schematics, a good
understanding of power train, and a thorough understanding of
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be a self starter / motivated person.
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
Keywords: Texas Sterling Construction Company, Missouri City , Shop Mechanic, Engineering , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!