Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - US-TX-Missouri City - US-TX-Sugarland - US-TX-Cypress - Home Health
Company: At Home Healthcare
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - US-TX-Missouri City -
US-TX-Sugarland - US-TX-Cypress
Primary function is to administer skilled nursing care, under the
supervision of a registered nurse, for patients of all ages in
their places of residence. Participates in the coordination of care
with the interdisciplinary team, patient, family and referring
- Under the direction of the RN, assists in identifying the
patient's physical, psycho social, and environmental needs as
evidenced by documentation.
- Participates in planning and implementing care in partnership
with the patient, representative (if any), and caregiver(s) and
with the RN. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as
indicated in the plan of care.
- Provides patient and caregiver education.
- Provides care using infection control measures that protect
both staff and patient.
- Assures the continuity of care through delivery of quality
- Provides effective communication to the patient, family, team
members, and other health care professionals as evidenced by
clinical notes, case conferences, and communication notes.
Completes appropriate documentation in a timely manner
- Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements
of third-party payor.
- Participates in the Agency's QAPI program.
- Participates in Agency-sponsored in-service training.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and provides on-call services
to patients and their families as assigned.
- Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and
- Promotes Agency philosophy and administrative policies to
ensure quality of care.
- Applies concepts of infection control and standard precautions
in coordinating or performing patient care activities to prevent
contamination and transmission of disease.
- Meets mandatory continuing education requirement of the Agency
and licensing board.
- Provides effective communication to patients, their family
members, team members, and other health care
professionals.Physical, Mental, Miscellaneous Demands
- Ability to do heavy lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, and
standing. Prolonged standing and walking required.
- Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet
deadlines and patient needs and to meet patient and family
individualized psychosocial needs.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Must have and maintain valid Driver's License, and proof of
current valid auto liability insurance.
- Requires current CPR certificate, and the ability to maintain a
current CPR certificate.
- Requires ability to use up to 50 pounds of force occasionally
and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds
continuously to move objects.
- Work deals mostly with areas such as preparing and reading data
and figures, records, reports, visual inspection involving small
details. Although important, depth perception and field of vision
(peripheral) are not as critical as the ability to distinguish
small details and markings very near to the observer.
- Requires ability to grasp, pull, push, carry or otherwise
manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of
muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye
- Requires ability to communicate clearly and make
self-understood effectively in face-to-face interactions;
articulate with accuracy to communicate using phone.
- Requires ability to hear and receive verbal instructions
correctly, answer phones, communicate professionally with people in
situations with some background noise.
- Requires ability to concentrate on fine detail with frequent
interruption; ability to focus attention on tasks for 10-20 minutes
at a time on a continuous basis, 20-60 minutes on occasion.
- Requires ability to understand and relate to specific ideas one
at a time and to the concepts behind specific ideas; ability to
remember verbal and written tasks/assignments from a few hours to
several day periods.
- Position requires sitting approximately 60% of time
standing/stooping/bending/ climbing approximately 20% of time; and
walking approximately 20% of time.
- Excellent computer software skills necessary to produce
accurate documents and materials required.
- Requires ability to work effectively under minimal supervision;
exercise excellent, sound professional judgment and maintain
Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Vocational/Practical
Nursing.--Licensure: Current State license as a Licensed
Vocational/Practical Nurse, or a multi-state license issued by a
state member of the National Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) if
practicing in a state member of the NLC, current driver's license.
--Experience: One year experience as a Licensed
Vocational/Practical Nurse in a clinical care setting required.
Home health experience preferred.--Skills: Nursing skills as
defined as generally accepted standards of practice. Good
interpersonal skills. Proof of current CPR.--Transportation:
Reliable transportation, current Driver's License, and valid and
current auto liability insurance.--Environmental /Working
Conditions: Works in a health care facility or patients' homes in
various conditions; possible exposure to blood and bodily fluids
and infectious diseases; ability to work a flexible schedule;
ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather; PRN
Keywords: At Home Healthcare, Missouri City , Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - US-TX-Missouri City - US-TX-Sugarland - US-TX-Cypress - Home Health, Healthcare , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!