Technical Designer Softgoods
Company: Academy Sports & Outdoors
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Technical Designer Softgoods
- Associate degree in Fashion or relevant field of study, or
equivalent years of related work experience required.
- Bachelor s degree in relevant field of study preferred.
- 2 years of related work experience or internship experience
- Experience with measuring garments, the fit evaluation process,
implementation of garment corrections and garment construction
- Ability to analyze, articulate and solve complex problems and
concepts to make effective business decisions.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal communication and
presentation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with
individuals at various levels, both internally and
- General fabric and garment construction knowledge, especially
garment construction and manufacturing methods such as Pattern
Grading and general Grade Rules preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical, organizational, problem solving, and
creative thinking skills.
- Ability to remain organized, pay strict attention to detail,
and meet critical deadlines within a high volume, fast-paced
- Self-motivated with the ability to meet and exceed position
requirements under minimal direction and supervision, independently
and within a team setting.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Illustrator,
Photoshop; experience with Optitex 2D/3D, Flex PLM, or comparable
- Execute fit approval process including tracking and following
up on outstanding submittals of Fit, Size Run, Pre Production
- Production garments. Work cohesively with Vendors and Product
Development to Fit on models and forms, measure garments, and
approve to create the product to deliver and sell in the stores.
The successful fit approval process ensures customers are satisfied
with the garment s fit and happy with their purchase.
- Included in this process is partnering closely with
Sourcing/Production and Quality Assurance.
- Measure and review fit samples against tech packages to ensure
all specifications and construction details are met to original
- Provide independent direction to factories by using photographs
and flat pattern revisions to illustrate necessary
- Accurately record measurements and conduct vendor collaboration
through PLM system to communicate with vendor details regarding the
- Support Academy initiative to streamline and improve fit and
sampling process by utilizing 2-D & 3-D automation in Optitex.
Optitex helps to visualize the end product, so what is sold in the
stores is the best garmet.
- Maintain customer perspective as a driving force behind
decisions on fit and product specifications regarding Academy s
private label brand.
- Evaluate competition to compare fit, products, pricing and
design and make recommendations to corrections to Product
Development and vendors using 2-D and 3-D software.
- Develop recommendations for consistent P.O.M.s and grade rules
in Optitex 2D/3D and evaluate graded specifications and nested
patterns, recommending corrections as needed by style.
- Lead and maintain fit model application and selection process,
and manages the Model Go-See meetings, interviews, live model or
fit form sessions
- Create and manage library of 2-D patterns, avatars, blocks and
templates of key silhouettes and measurements.
- Stay abreast of industry developments in fit, construction, new
fabrics, and techniques.
- Required to learn and follow company policies, procedures and
- Duties may change; Technical Designer may be required to
perform other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements & Attendance:
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job
- Adhere to company work hours, policies, procedures and rules
governing professional staff behavior
- Up to 15% domestic and international travel, overnight stays as
- Ability to work flexible hours such as evenings, weekends, and
holidays as necessary
Equal Employment Opportunity
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate
with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis
of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender
identity, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by
Keywords: Academy Sports & Outdoors, Missouri City , Technical Designer Softgoods, IT / Software / Systems , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!