Meat Cutter 3
Company: Fiesta Mart
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Meat Cutters prepare all meat products for merchandising. They
are mainly responsible for stocking, cutting, grinding, wrapping,
weighing, pricing and attractively merchandising meat products.
- Cuts all meats, including merchandising carcass cattle. Has
advanced level knowledge of meat cuts, including special cuts.
- Uses meat grinders, slicers, knives, power saws, and
tenderizers in a safe manner.
- Monitors cooler and display cases for proper temperatures and
- Cleans/maintains work area; knows procedures for proper
cleaning of equipment; cleans and sanitizes cutting surfaces often
and at appropriate times.
- Keeps aware of current ad specials.
- Offers suggestions to customers to provide alternatives,
assists customers with special requests and answer questions about
meat products and services.
- Ensures proper inventory control and product rotation to
maximize product freshness and availability, while minimizing
- Serves as a positive role model to others in the
- In the manager's absence-coaches and trains others, conducts
huddles with department employees, and communicates weekly
- Maintains a positive attitude with co-workers and
- Informs department manager of product that is needed and learns
the process for ordering.
- Exercise safe food handling practices to prevent cross
contamination of product.
- Exercise proper safety practices of all equipment.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Comply with all safety and company guidelines.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- High school diploma.
- Has advanced knowledge of meat products.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%,
- Never-Sitting, balancing, manual dexterity and crawling.
- Occasionally- climbing up to 8 foot height, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, talking, and smelling.
- Frequently- carrying up to 80 lbs., pushing and pulling up to
300 lbs., lifting up to 80 lbs., and bending.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, reaching waist/overhead level, seeing, and
Safety Risk Factors:
- Never- hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Occasionally- Contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure (see
Material Safety Data Sheets), and nuisance dust, fumes,
- Frequently-Loud noise, twisting of back and neck, and slippery
or cluttered floor surface.
- Continuously- hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts),
and contact with sharp objects.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside, cold, and
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Missouri City , Meat Cutter 3, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!