Courtesy Booth Manager 2
Company: Fiesta Mart
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Courtesy Booth Manager in each store is responsible for
overseeing the overall accounting of the store's sales and cash,
supervising the courtesy booth staff, and ensuring the smooth
operation of the courtesy booth, which is a revenue-generating
department, performing various types of financial transactions in a
highly secure financial environment.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of store sales, including
overseeing daily and weekly booth reconciliation. Familiarize
entire booth staff in record retention and report preparation;
provide more comprehensive training in these areas to in-charge
team members; periodically review record retention process to
ensure compliance; regularly review reports to ensure accuracy and
- Review daily bank deposit and armored car service to ensure
accurate preparation; compare deposit slip and armored car service
paperwork to data input; direct appropriate personnel to research
any discrepancy; ensure resolution and corrections, if
- Ensure compliance to local, state, and federal laws, especially
compliance with the Patriot Act as it relates to Money Service
- Interact and maintain relations with booth vendors/partners
such as Southwestern Bell, Western Union, TXU Gas, Reliant Energy,
Ticketmaster, Entex, Metro, Dart, Travelers, various water
districts, and others; initiate service; ensure booth employees
comply with vendor procedures; oversee submission of payments to
- Report any imbalance of $500 (booth) or $150 (individual) or
more immediately to the Store Manager and Manager of Booth
Operations; conduct investigations, involving Loss Prevention as
deemed necessary; follow established procedure to identify the
cause of the shortage and resolve the problem, if possible;
determine, recommend, and dispense disciplinary action related to
- Analyze processes and work continuously to ensure organized and
efficient operation of the booth; make assignments to team members
to effectuate changes and improvements; acquire and provide
necessary resources to ensure smooth operation and excellent
- Make regular inspections of the department to ensure company
standards are being met and that the booth is ready at all times
for inspection and audit. Assign the task of maintaining booth
supplies. Ensure that efficiency procedures are being followed
consistently; ensure that checklists are being monitored, coached,
- Ensure core processes (opening, crunch, customer flow, closing,
overnight, responsibility charting) are in place and the desired
outcomes are accomplished in an efficient manner; make adjustments
to resources; and assist when necessary to ensure excellent
- Make effective use of the department's information center to
post notices and reminders about booth operation, company
communication, and policy and procedural changes.
- Direct crisis management procedures (power shortages, etc.)
- Implement security procedures in the booth and ensure strict
adherence to the procedures by booth personnel, including issuing
system and safe passcodes, assigning responsibility for the safe on
each shift, and ensuring the integrity of safe access at all
- Prepare employee work schedules, taking into consideration
budget and customer service needs; manage schedule changes
effectively. Responsible for budgeting revenues and wages; monitor
the labor budget weekly with the objective of meeting budget
expectations; manage department to meet labor and revenue
- Ensure that booth employees follow cash handling and control
guidelines to verify cash in checker and booth clerk trays, Lotto
tray, liquor store, and satellite department trays. Ensure that the
booth has sufficient change to support store operations each
- Make booth staffing decisions according to established hiring
guidelines, budget, staffing needs, customer flow, and maintenance
of superior customer service, with input from Store Manager and
Manager of Booth Operations, when necessary.
- Train all employees in equipment and computer operation and
simple maintenance routines. Communicate policies and train booth
staff in procedures to protect company funds and assets, including
communicating and enforcing key control related to booth doors,
locks, safes, etc.
- Coordinate and conduct initial training of new booth personnel
and ongoing training and retraining of existing booth staff.
Communicate with booth staff to introduce new procedures, new
vendors, new staff, etc. and to communicate company, store, and
- Supervise, coach, and counsel booth staff to perform
assignments according to job requirements and company policy; make
recommendations regarding promotion, removal from booth, and
termination; carry out determined action. Maintain effective
employee relations; work to develop a friendly atmosphere and good
morale in the department.
- Establish teamwork; develop cooperation among the team; lead
the team; manage processes; identify and respond to changing
conditions; help team members respond positively to change; resolve
employee disputes; communicate and counsel employees regarding
issues and concerns.
- Communicate performance standards and expectations to
employees; give feedback to employees on a regular basis. Evaluate
performance periodically; recommend personnel actions such as
retention, promotion, pay adjustments, transfer, reward or
dismissal of employees.
- Evaluate the skill level of each courtesy booth employee and
identify management potential employees for leadership positions;
train management potential employees to ensure that the employee is
well prepared to perform leadership duties effectively.
- Identify "in-charge" team members to whom duties may be
delegated; train in-charge employees in all aspects of booth
operation; assign in-charge staff members to opening, mid, and
closing shifts to ensure core processes are accomplished and that
other staff members have proper guidance and supervision in
Courtesy Booth Manager's absence.
- Model excellent customer service skills to set an example for
department employees; ensure that all booth team members focus on
excellence in customer service and that each person works
diligently to resolve any customer complaints; observe customer
interactions and facilitate resolution when necessary.
Secondary Job Duties:
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of all data encountered in work
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
- Other duties assigned by management.
- High school or equivalent experience.
- Prefer five years or more of customer service and cash handling
- Must be able to pass a criminal background and credit
- Mathematical abilities to calculate transactions, budgets and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%,
- Occasionally- Sitting, carrying up to 40 lbs., climbing up to 3
foot height, stooping, kneeling, and crouching.
- Frequently- Pushing, balancing, and smelling.
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, bending, lifting up to 40 lbs., pulling up to 100
lbs., manual dexterity, reaching, talking, seeing, and
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery or cluttered floor surface,
contact with sharp objects, contact with skin irritant, toxic
exposure (see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes,
sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Continuously- Twisting of back and neck.
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside store location with
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Missouri City , Courtesy Booth Manager 2, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!