Produce Clerk 1
Company: Fiesta Mart
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Produce clerk stocks quality merchandise on shelves and
displays, in a careful, clean, neat, and expedient manner. He will
ensure that a variety of product is fresh and appealingly displayed
for our customers while maintaining great customer service.
- Stock product ensuring proper grading, rotating, crisping,
trimming, wrapping, watering and company sanitation practices are
- Cut, trim, and wrap product.
- Prepare (trim) and package product for display and resale;
rotate merchandise to maintain freshness; check tags and signs for
- Shovel ice from ice machine.
- Be knowledgeable in and able to differentiate between all of
the various types of produce merchandise including taste,
preparation method or use, and price differences between varieties
of similar classes of products (i.e., types of apples, potatoes,
- Fill and build displays; make sure product is priced
- Exercise safe food handling practices.
- Breakdown pallets to load carts or baskets to transport to
- Receive, unload, and put away daily loads from delivery and
store product in designated area to protect product quality.
- Process merchandise according to production guidelines and
follow established sanitation standards.
- Handle damaged and spoiled products according to company policy
and assist in controlling the level of damaged goods.
- Maintain the cooler, freezer, equipment, and work area to the
sanitation standards of the company.
- Monitor cooler and display area temperature to ensure product
quality; report refrigeration failure immediately.
- Ensure sales and work area are swept clean, orderly, and free
from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures and exercise
proper safety practices when lifting or moving product or using
- Able to operate and clean department equipment and tools.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code
Secondary Job Duties:
- Assist in checking and verifying produce department receiving
- Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and
to maintain the lowest supply cost.
- Sweep floors, clean utensils, work tables, wipe counter tops,
and display cases.
- Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean;
clean walls, fans, drains, and equipment.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and
- Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting,
unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Basic computer skills.
- Capable of following verbal directions.
- Must be able to read and write English adequately.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%,
- Occasionally- Sitting, climbing up to 6 foot height, balancing,
stooping, kneeling, and crouching,
- Frequently- Carrying up to 50 lbs., pushing and pulling up to
250 lbs., lifting up to 50 lbs., bending, and reaching
- Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on
tile/concrete, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, hearing, and
Safety Risk Factors:
- Occasionally-Loud noise, slippery or cluttered floor surface,
hazardous equipment, contact with skin irritant, toxic exposure
(see Material Safety Data Sheets), nuisance dust, fumes, sprays,
and hazardous cleaning solutions.
- Frequently-Twisting of back and neck and contact with sharp
- Varied, irregular schedules.
- Working environment involves inside and exposure to wet
conditions from washing produce.
- Employee may be subject to constant cold; cooler temperatures
of 40-50 degrees for more than one hour.
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Missouri City , Produce Clerk 1, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!