Jr. Network Engineer - Reviewing Applications - Posted Until Filled
Company: City of Missouri City
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Definition Benefits Supplemental Questions
This is a mid-level, professional staff, full-time position in
the City's Information Technology Department. The individual in
this position is responsible for administering and managing
assigned Network Components, as directed by the Director of
Technology & Innovation or his designee. This may include WAN, LAN,
Wireless WAN and Telephony systems.
Examples of Work:
- Provide network support and maintain the intended use of IT
Services and infrastructure.
- Administer and manage all Network Components by applying
technological information obtained through training, experience and
- Administer and manage the City's Voice over Internet Protocol
(VoIP) telephony system, mobile devices, cell phones, pagers,
facsimile lines, and networked copiers/printers.
- Configure Cisco Callmanager, Cisco Unity, Cisco UCCX , Cisco
ASA, Cisco ACS , LogMeIn
- Central, Zscaler Cloud Proxy, Cisco WLAN Controller, Cisco MDS,
Cisco Catalyst switches, HP Procurve switches, and Cisco
- Familiarity with Server and VMware infrastructure including but
not limited to vSphere, vCenter, and VMware View; able to configure
virtual networking within the VMware cluster as well as iSCSI and
fabric connectivity to the EMC Cx4 SAN.
- Function as a lead worker performing essentially the same work
as those directed and oversee work quality, training, instruction
and work scheduling.
- Develop and/or implement recommendations regarding policy,
develop customer satisfaction, develop cooperative associations and
utilize resources to continuously improve customer
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Subject to 24 hour recall.
Education, Experience, or Certification:
An Associate's degree from an accredited college or university,
technical, business, vocational or correspondence school in
information systems, computer science or a closely related field
and a minimum of three years relevant professional experience are
CCVP, CCNP, CCNA, A+ and MCSE certifications desired.
Supplemental Information: The City of Missouri City compensates
employees according to a salary schedule that enables movement
through a market based salary range. Generally, a new employee's
salary begins at or near the beginning of the range.
Keywords: City of Missouri City, Missouri City , Jr. Network Engineer - Reviewing Applications - Posted Until Filled, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!