For more than a century, Ben E. Keith Company has been a leader
in fine food and premium beverage distribution, and we strive to
consistently exceed our customers' expectations.
Our Food Division is a complete broad line multi-state
distributor, and our Beverage Division operates throughout the
state of Texas as a proud distributor of Anheuser-Busch products,
craft and import beer brands, spirits, and wine.
We are dedicated to the growth and success of our business, our
customers, and our employees-continuing our commitment to
delivering quality since 1906.
Night Selector (Warehouse)
The Warehouse Night position is responsible for selecting
customer orders in the warehouse. Orders are pulled from stock
using selection labels which contains product slot numbers, items
codes and item descriptions using the SAE-Scanning System. The
selector scans the slot location on the label, travels to the slot
by means of a mid-rider (electric pallet jack), then identifies the
product, places the label on the case, and then places selected
product on a pallet arranged in delivery stop sequence. The product
is shrink- wrapped on the pallet and taken to the designated
outbound dock door for loading.
- Order selecting in the freezer area
- SAE- Scanning system
- Operating forklift, pallet jack
- Repetitive lifting
- Shrink wrap orders and transport to designated area
- Clean Driving Record
- Must be able to walk extensively
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time usually for 8-10
- Must be able to bend at the waist; stoop to reach into slot
locations and squat to lift heavy items in a proper manner.
- SAE-Scanning or similar systems experience preferred but not
- Must have normal use of shoulders, arms, wrist, hands, feet &
- Must be able to read slot numbers and product descriptions
- Material handling equipment experience required
- Must be capable of selecting orders in all temperature zones
and meet the 200 cases per hour selection standards at the end of
the selector's 90 day probationary period.
- Forklift, Pallet jack experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must pass drug screen and physical exam
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
Ben E. Keith (BEK) Company is one of the largest food and
beverage distributors in the United States. We are a family-owned
business with a long-standing tradition of supporting the diverse
communities in which we live and work. Our competitive employee
benefits provide health and financial protection to our employees
and their families.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K with matching contribution
- Profit-Sharing Plan (100% company-paid)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- Employee Credit Union
We have sought to create an environment in which the
contributions of each employee at Ben E. Keith are fully valued.
This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it
also means considering how all our people can positively impact the
quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at Ben E. Keith, we recognize that our workforce reflects
the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do
all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our
external and internal customers. We believe our differences are
also our strengths and we want to do all we can to use those
strengths to find more creative solutions for the business
challenges we face. Ben E. Keith is an equal employment
opportunity, affirmative action employer. VEVRAA Federal
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Hourly
- Gulf Coast Food, 1 Ben E. Keith Way, Missouri City, Texas,
United States of America