Teller or Universal Banker
Company: The First State Bank
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This position establishes, expands and maintains customer
relationships by providing extensive, personalized service focused
on the specific needs of each individual and business banking
customer. The incumbent devotes much of the workday to building
long-term relationships with customers in person and by phone in
addition to promoting the full range of the Bank's deposit products
and lending services.
Provides exceptional customer service while promptly and
efficiently processing customer transactions. Promotes positive
public relations by providing professional, pleasant greetings,
maintaining eye contact, smiling and addressing customers by
- Contributes to the attainment of branch office sales goals and
related objectives by promoting the Bank's products and services
and by generating leads and referrals.
- Adheres to Bank's security and audit procedures.
- Processes client transactions efficiently and accurately.
Follow policies/procedures to minimize losses.
- Protects the Bank's financial interests by controlling and
balancing the assigned cash drawer and negotiable items
received/disbursed. Maintains acceptable balancing record per
- Meets with customers to discuss personal and business banking
financial needs, opens new accounts and cross-sells additional bank
products and services.
- Answers telephone inquiries. Directs questions to appropriate
office personnel. Responds to client mail inquiries.
- Researches customer questions and resolves account issues to
maintain customer relationships.
- Performs routine office and clerical duties (i.e., filing
signature cards; preparing bank bag for pickup; night deposit, ATM
Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people
are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking
questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and
paragraphs in work related documents.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and accept total
ownership and accountability.
- Demonstrated decision making, problem solving, organizational
and strategic planning skills.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand
information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and
ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and
ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
Education: Associates degree at a minimum, bachelors
- Experience: 1+ years with education or 2-4 years
- Software: Microsoft Office
Keywords: The First State Bank, Missouri City , Teller or Universal Banker, Other , Blessing, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!