Summer Camp Supervisor
Company: City of Missouri City
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Definition Benefits Supplemental Questions
The Camp Supervisor is responsible for the overall direction,
organization, and supervision
of the Summer Day Camp. This person will be organized,
energetic, and helpful. The Camp
Supervisor provides a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment
for counselors, campers
Examples of Work:
- Act as the second in command to the Camp Coordinator. Work
closely with the Coordinator learning the planning and behind the
scenes aspects of running a camp program.
- Ensure staff stay on task, follow camp rules and expectations.
Handle camper disciplinary issues, discuss incidents with parents
and report to the Camp Coordinator.
- Support - cover counselors during their breaks, act as the main
contact while the Camp Coordinator is away, administer first-aid,
enforce safety procedures and respond in emergency situations.
- Teaching - Assist with large group activities and lead detailed
or difficult crafts and games.
- Set Up - Ensure counselors have all the necessary supplies for
their activities, set-up and break down rooms, prep for snack and
lunch hours, and oversee camp operations and activities.
Education, Experience, or Certification:
High School diploma required. At least two years of college in
the field of parks, recreation and tourism science is strongly
- Bachelor's Degree in Parks and Recreation, Teaching or related
field is recommended;
- At least 1 year of comparable experience required
All applicants must be able to commit to 40 hours per week,
Monday - Friday from June 7, 2021 - August 6, 2021. The Department
of Human Resources Organizational Development may consider an
equivalent combination of education, training and/or
Keywords: City of Missouri City, Missouri City , Summer Camp Supervisor, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!