Company: Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Posted on: January 4, 2022
Looking for a career with a purpose? Join the organization that
gives purpose to your day, changing lives in every way! The Texas
Department of Criminal Justice is hiring Correctional Officers
across the state!
- Starting salary of $3091.84 monthly full-time and $1509.92
part-time with career ladder pay increases built in for time
- Full Time and Part Time positions available. Part Time (20
hours per week) with Benefits.
- Current State paid 100% health care plan premiums for eligible
full-time employees and 50% of the premium for their eligible
dependents. Eligible part-time employees get a 50% state
contribution for themselves and 25% for their dependents.
- Benefits starting after 60 days of employment.
- Vision, dental, life, accidental insurance, short- and
long-term disability plans available
- Retirement options with employer match
- Paid Training
- Earn Sick Time and Vacation Time from Day One Got to
www.tdcj.texas.gov/co to see Correctional Officer videos and
explore all the perks to working for the great State of Texas!
Please use code 033092CID. Requirements:
- You must be a U.S. citizen or an immigrant with lawful status,
who is authorized to work in the U.S.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must possess a High School Diploma from an accredited
senior high school or equivalent, or a state or military-issued
General Education Development (GED) certificate.
- You must not be on active duty in the military, unless on
terminal leave. (Applicants may screen if they are within 6 months
- You must not have been discharged from the Armed Forces under
- You must never have been convicted of a felony.
- You must never have been convicted of an offense involving
- You cannot have had a Class B misdemeanor conviction within the
past 5 years.
- You cannot have had a Class A misdemeanor conviction within the
past 10 years.
- You cannot be on probation for any criminal offense.
- You cannot have any criminal charges pending or have an
- You must be able to perform the essential functions of a
Correctional Officer, with or without reasonable accommodation. For
a complete job description, please visit our website,
- You must pass the TDCJ Drug Test.
- You must pass the TDCJ Physical Agility Test.
- Male applicants, age 18 through 25, must provide proof of
Selective Service registration or exemption from Selective Service
registration. A State of Texas Application for Employment, TDCJ
Employment ApplicationSupplement (PERS 282), and all other required
documents should be completed. *Equal Opportunity Employer **The
following Military Occupational Specialty codes are
generallyapplicable to this position. Applicants must fully
complete thesummary of experience to determine if minimum
qualifications are met.31, 19, 18, 11, 31C, 31E, 31B, 19K, 19D,
18B, 11B, 749X, 649X, MA,5811, 5831, 5832, 5804, 58, 3P Required
- Legally authorized to work in the United StatesPreferred
- 18 years or older
- At least high school diploma or equivalent or higher
Keywords: Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Missouri City , Correctional Officers, Other , Brazoria, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!