Residential Route Supervisor
Company: Texas Pride Disposal Solutions LLC
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionResidential Route Supervisor
- Job Summary Manages collection routes and driver/laborer
performance on a daily basis in single or multiple line of
businesses: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off. II. Essential Duties
and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to
accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route
assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and
communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Monitors driver and laborer time and attendance, minimizing
overtime and ensuring that drivers do not exceed limits established
by regulatory agencies.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential
gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for
each route and driver.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for
incentive pay programs.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate,
establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Acquires and coordinates temporary workers assigned to assist
drivers on routes.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and
incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve
safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a clean, safe work environment in
compliance with Company/Occupational Safety and Health
Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Documents problem fixes and provides instructions to
dispatch/service should problems recur.
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at
customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues
reported by drivers.
- Notifies customer service of delivery days for specific
- Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and
- Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies
such as the Department of Transportation.
- Reviews and audits documentation related to route operations on
a daily basis (e.g., DVIRs, driver time and attendance, open
tickets), following-up where appropriate. III. Supervisory
Responsibilities This job has supervisory responsibilities for
Drivers assigned to the position. This includes responsibility for
employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling time off,
employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job
- Qualifications The requirements listed below are representative
of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
- Education: Associates Degree (accredited), or in lieu of
diploma, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and two (2) years
of relevant work experience work in transportation, logistics,
warehousing, or solid waste operations.
- Experience: No previous work experience required.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for education
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
- Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Coaching, routing assessments and leading employees are
requirements of the role.
- Work Environment Listed below are key points regarding
environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements part of
the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or
landfill/outdoor. Benefits At Texas Pride Disposal, each eligible
employee receives a competitive total compensation package
including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term
Disability. Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and
Keywords: Texas Pride Disposal Solutions LLC, Missouri City , Residential Route Supervisor, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!