Drilling Laborer - RDI
Company: Texas Sterling Construction Company
Location: Missouri City
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Under direction of the Superintendent, t he Laborer serves in a
support role to the Company's other skilled trades. Laborers work
on highway, construction projects, excavations, and demolition.
They will be involved with the drilling, placing rebar, and pouring
concrete of the shaft. Some workers habitually work in one branch
of the industry, whereas others transferred from task to task as
the project progresses to completion or according to the
availability of work or on a seasonal basis.
Drilling Laborer Level I responsibilities and abilities include but
are not limited to the list below. Other duties may be
- Assists in mixing chemicals to make drilling slurry.
- Crane, drill rig assembly, and disassembly.
- Change out drilling tools.
- Shovel work.
- Connecting, disconnecting and laying out slurry hoses.
- Securing rebar in drill shaft.
- Cleaning off top of drill shaft when pouring concrete is
- Cleans work areas, tools, equipment, materials, etc.
- Lifts, carries, and holds building materials, tools, and
- Digs, spreads, levels dirt and gravel, using pick, rake, and
- Moving and transferring from job to job as projects progress
and work is available.
- Works with other workers in a cooperative manner.
- Performs general labor work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 0-1 year of construction work experience.
- Reliable transportation to work.
- Work Safely.
- Be able to carry 70 lbs. or more.
- High School diploma/GED preferred.
- Willing to do general laborer work (e.g. Sweep, clean up job
site, run errands, use hammer and saw, dig trenches, etc.)
- Willing to travel depend on business necessity.
- Flexible availability to work overtime and weekends. Benefits /
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- 401k retirement plan + 5% company matching
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life Insurance, STD, LTD, HSA, FSA
We are an equal opportunity employer: We do not discriminate based
on race, color, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, age, genetic information,
marital status, military status, membership or activity in a local
human rights commission, or status with regard to public
assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable
law. Associated topics: compressor, driller, field service
technician, offshore, oilfield, operation, pipeline, pump, repair,
Keywords: Texas Sterling Construction Company, Missouri City , Drilling Laborer - RDI, Other , Missouri City, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!